We had Lisa in the office the other day and were all super inspired to hear what she’s up to between castings and bookings! Our very own Bicoastal babe runs a beauty and wellness blog. She talks about her passion for holistic wellness and health, and how it’s positively affected her life, even through her diagnosis of PCOS which she’s explained below:
“I was diagnosed with Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) which was causing my acne and other symptoms. I hope to raise awareness of this illness that affects 1 in 10 women in the U.S., share my journey with you and natural remedies that I have used to heal myself.”
We are totally loving the beauty/health tips and tricks she’s blogged about…for example, see a blog post here about chia seeds! She talks not only about their nutritional value and versatility-but includes a yummy french toast recipe!
1) Nutrition -These tiny little guys pack a serious nutritional punch with:
- 3x more antioxidants than blueberries
- 8x more omega-3’s than a serving of salmon
- 5x more calcium than milk
- 7x more vitamin C than an orange
- 3x more iron than spinach
- 2x more potassium than bananas
- More protein than wheat, oats or barely
- High Fiber
2) Energy Boost – You can put down that energy drink or 3rd cup of coffee and swap it out for a serving of these seeds – best part is, no crash later, no added sugar or caffeine, all natural and all of that protein and fiber will keep you full!
Thank you, Lisa, for being so brave to share your battles-such an inspiration to us and, we’re sure, many other people!